PROJECT GOAL The goal of this project is to improve the quality of care provided to residents in nursing homes; in areas of lower socioeconomic status, and those insured by….
Why Behavior Change Is Often Difficult
Health Behavior Project
– Health Behavior Project ( Increase the habit of drinking water from a cup per day to 3 liters per day – The benefit of the health and changes can occur )
1. Choose one health behavior to improve upon 10 weeks.(( 5 Pages ))
2. Write a one page introduction on why you have chosen this health behavior to change.
3. Write one paragraph or ”bullet” statements each week about your actions and progress.
4. At the end of the project time write a one page summary of your success/challenges and how you feel about this project.
This project is due on the date sited on the course outline. This project must be double-spaced with font no larger than 12.
Why Behavior Change Is Often Difficult:
• Several factors influence a person’s desire to change a health behavior—the person must
1. Know the behavior is associated with a health problem
2. Accept that the behavior increases personal risk for the health problem
3. Recognize that risk-reduction intervention programs exist and can be effective
4. Believe the benefits of the new behavior justify the change in behavior
5. Feel that significant others will be accepting of such changes
Stages of Change:
• Prochaska et al. (1994) identified the following six stages people go through in changing health behaviors: