PROJECT GOAL The goal of this project is to improve the quality of care provided to residents in nursing homes; in areas of lower socioeconomic status, and those insured by….
Review the Final Project instructions in Week Five. Decide whether you will complete a research paper or a multimedia presentation. Select a topic for your Final Project from the options below, or focus on a topic of your own interest that has been cleared with the instructo
Review the Final Project instructions in Week Five. Decide whether you will complete a research paper or a multimedia presentation. Select a topic for your Final Project from the options below, or focus on a topic of your own interest that has been cleared with the instructor.
- Cultural impact of a specific scientific innovation (e.g., electricity, Evolutionary theory)
- The impact that science has played on religion, and vice versa
- How the application of science (natural magic, technology, etc.) impacted culture
- An examination of the construction of science – how have social and cultural mores influenced the practice of science? Is science socially constructed?
- An examination of the history of government-funded science
- An evaluation of the debate over the role of science in public education
- An examination of how science fiction has influenced public perception of science
- An examination of how modern science has been popularized
Then, do the following:
- Justify your choice of topic and the way in which you will explore it (mediated presentation or paper) with regard to the course learning outcomes in an introductory paragraph.
- Develop a working draft of your introduction that includes a thesis statement.
- Compile an annotated bibliography of at least eight sources, five of which can be found in the Ashford Online Library, and one which is a recommended resource for this class. These sources can be journal articles, video sources, pieces of art, or other cultural works such as plays, literature, poems, or newspaper/magazine articles.
The paper must be at formatted according to APA style and include a title page. For information regarding writing a thesis statement, annotated bibliographies, and APA, including samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar