As the 2020 election cycle ramps up, voters can expect a flurry of targeted advertisements fueled by big data on their doorsteps, inboxes and social media feeds. While microtargeting based on demographic information is not a new trend in campaign strategy, campaigns traditionally relied on analyzing voter behavior within broader categories such as age or gender before big data was easily accessible.
In the African context, discuss the existing strategies for development patterns that would serve as exist routes from chronic poverty
1. (a) Using 2 examples,define the term development.(5mks)
(b) Discuss the weaknesses of modernization theory.(10)
(c) Discuss any three categories of dependency as applies to third world countries under dependency theory. (15)
2. In the African context, discuss the existing strategies for development patterns that would serve as exist routes from chronic poverty. (20 mks)
(3) Using appropriate examples,discuss any four measures imposed on countries that receives aid from World Bank and IMF under the structural Ajustment programs. (20 mks).
(4) Discuss any four Millennium Development Goals ( MDGs) while highlighting strategies adopted by Kenyan Government in aligning each of them in her (Kenya”s) national development.(20 mks).
(5) With relevant examples,discuss the contribution of Agriculture to Kenya”s development.(20mks).