Each answer 2 -3 paragraphs Times New Roman, 12pt Maximum 2 citations (Investopedia not permitted) Responses must be paraphrased, not simple large citations No headers, footers, page numbers APA….
On 29 November 2006, the Australian Government announced funding for a HPV vaccination program. When the vaccine was first introduced, a catch-up program that consisted of two components (a school-based program and a community-based program) was instituted. The school-based catch-up program for 12 to 18 year old girls ceased in 2008. HPV immunization in the community-based catch-up program was available through general practice and community immunization services for 13 to 26 year old women.
Currently the HPV vaccines are registered for use in Australia in females aged 9–26 years and in males aged 9–15 years. The HPV vaccine is currently funded for 12-13 year old girls in the first year of secondary school, with a recent decision to commence a funded program for boys commencing in 2013 in Australia.
When the HPV vaccine was first introduced, people felt that the long-term effectiveness was uncertain and that it was unnecessary when a successful screening program was available for women. However, the government decided to go ahead with introducing the vaccine.
- What factors do you think the Government took into account when making their decision?
- Was a cost effectiveness study undertaken prior to the HPV vaccines being introduced? What were the findings from this study and how did the results compare to other vaccines being considered for introduction?
- Do you think that the decision to implement the HPV vaccine was politically motivated? Discuss the arguments that were made for and against the introduction of the HPV vaccine campaign.
- Uptake for the vaccine varies amongst different groups and nationalities. Discuss the barriers and facilitators impacting on uptake of the HPV vaccine around the world.
- Why has the Government decided to extend the HPV vaccine campaign now to include boys?
- What systems do developing countries need to consider for program monitoring?For a custom paper on the above topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level writers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers